Thursday 20 February 2014

The Best Of Beauty Blog Challenge #BOBBlogChallenge Week 3: Makeup Must Haves

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen! Week 3 already! The time is flying and i'm enjoying doing these posts! Ok so week 3 is makeup must haves... but wait, i'm a guy surely I don't makeup and to an extent, no I don't, but its 2014 and what guy isn't a metrosexual using creams and lotions to cover up the wears and tears of life.  So with that i'm going to tell you my metro manly makeup must haves ;)


First up I have my favorite man tan from L'Oreal /men Expert called the Hydra Energetic with flash bronzer.
I did a review of this before on my blog if you want a more in depth look at the product. I love this stuff!! If you're worried about being pale and don't want sunbeds or to use bottle tan, the hydra energetic with flash bronzer is for you. Two pumps of the lotion onto your hands and rub it on your face will give you a healthy sun kissed glow instantly! A further two more pumps can give your skin a darker tone. At the end of the day simply wash your face and its gone! It has a nice fragrance that most of the men expert range has so it will blend in with your after shave. The bottle is made from hard plastic so its durable and with an open/close lock there is no mess.  It's a must have for men especially if they're from Ireland.


Next up I have another product from L'Oreal Men Expert, it's their Gradual tan moisturiser. Now you might be thinking why bother with this when the flash bronzer does this already, but it doesn't really. The gradual tan moisturiser for one actually moisturises your face, and with it being a gradual tanner the effects won't been seen straight away but they will last much longer. You use it every other day instead of your regular one and when you get to the colour you're happy with you stop. I'm still trial testing this but I'm seeing nice results at the moment. My skin likes it so i'll say no more.


Last but certainly not least is Garnier's BB cream. Oh God where have you been all my life? Lads don't be afraid to buy this! It's in the skin care section in most stores so it's technically not makeup. If you are too scared to get it make your partner or sister etc get it for you. It moisturises my skin perfectly, it mattifies your skin so there is no oily shinyness. What I love most about it is that it evens my skin tone! No more blemished red sore skin! I got it in a light shade because I'm a typically pasty Irish man but it comes in darker shades too. Seriously though guys, it might be a saviour for ye too, so give it a chance.


So that's it... My "makeup" favorites! Hope you liked them and as usual if you have any questions just ask!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

11 comments:

  1. Love that their is a guy involved in #bobblogchallenge :) my boyfriend is loving the loreal men expert moisturiser makes his skin feel so smooth! No shame in looking after yourself although i do draw the line at "manscaping" haha www.bloggingitbeautiful.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you :) it's amazing stuff alright :) im off to have a peek at your blog!

      Delete
  2. I love your picks! That gradual tan moisturiser looks cool! So good to see a gentleman involved! :) x

    alex @ http://pinkelephantbloggin.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thank you! :) ye are all very welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wondering about the Men Expert range for my Husband, but haven;t seen many reviews on it. Its good to see a guy doing the challenge, with a different perspective on products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it's such a good range that helps men broaden their beauty/grooming regimes :)

      Delete
  5. as I said on your posts before, great to see a male point of view, men do have different needs but to see you use a BB cream for redness as well is amazing. nothing wrong with hiding your skin blemishes, plus you'd look fresh faced without looking like you have anything on your face, perfect to use after shaving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's amazing! like i was worried in case it looked like i had anything but nope nothing! also i watched a few of your youtube vids! love your sense of humor :D

      Delete
  6. Great post and always great to see something different from a male's viewpoint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to email this post to my boyfriend and tell him to cop himself on. He needs to up his game big time. He needs a man tan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just about to post the same as Sinead above me my boyfriend will be getting this post as a kick up the arse to look after himself... great post!!!

    ReplyDelete