Friday 7 February 2014

The Best of Beauty Blog Challenge #BOBBlogChallenge Week 1: "Skin Care Saviours"

Hello there Ladies and Gentlemen I hope ye are all keeping beautiful. Yesterday whilst having my daily creep through the land of Twitter I came across the hashtag #BOBBlogChallenge. Wondering what it was about I trapsed through all the tweets involved. It so happens it's a weekly blog challenge set up by the lovely Sam from All_That_Buzz, a popular fashion and beauty blogger from Dublin. Each week bloggers are given a different beauty aspect to blog about. To find out more or if you want to join in check out her website linked previously. So seeing that there was no male input into the challenge and beauty/grooming is my favourite thing to blog about I said HELLS YES to joining!.




Week one in this challenge is our skin care saviours, products that helped us immensely and without them we simply couldn't live! Even though I'm a 22 year old, I still have the troublesome skin of a teen, with many breakouts and a combination type that's as tempermental as I am ;). To keep my skin in check I use the Following;

Angles on Bare Skin
My saviour and not just cause I work there, is the ever so wonderful daily cleanser from Lush Cosemtics, Angels on Bare skin. Made from natural ingredients such as, lavender and ground almonds, this is the perfect daily cleanser for people with combination skin such as myself.
 It's packed full of lavender which is balancing for the skin, meaning it will help treat both your dry and oily patches making them, well... normal. The ground almonds give a light exfoliation making it suitable for people with sensitive skin. I love it as my skin tends to flare up if I use anything with vasts amounts of alcohol in it. (I'm a sensitive soul at heart). It is gentle enough that it can be used day and night, everyday. To use it you take a small handful of the product, mix it with a bit of water to make a paste, then you apply the paste to your face and massage gently, removing with warm water. Simples. I recommend it to anyone who is trying a more natural approach to beauty products.




Good things Deep Pore Anti Blemish Toner
Keeping on the theme of au natural products, my next favourite is a cleanser/toner combo from the company Good Things.
Fig and wild strawberry give it, it's heavenly scent. As i said previously I can't use anything with a high alcohol content, so this is perfect for me as it doesnt strip away the natural oils from my skin. It does get rid of any excess oil and I found it unclogs my pores which I find most toners don't do. Also the super fruits which is inside helps to give you more of a radiant glow, something of which I myself lack. To use, like any other toner, apply to a cotton pad and rub onto your face. It's also veggie and vegan so that's nice too



L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Facial Moisturiser with Flash Bronzer
So here's where I get into more manly products (well slightly). I'm a typical Irish person, I am as pale as the rest but this product fixes that. This is a moisturiser that has a hint of tan in it. It gives more of a healthy look rather than a tan which is perfect for men experiementing with beauty products. It's a great alternative from those nasty sunbeds too Flash Bronzer Review. Well worth buying if you're a man or for your partner if you're a lovely lady ;)
I simply put it on after I cleanse and tone my face. Two pumps of the product gives a healthy glow and if you want a more sun kissed look, follow up with another application. In my experience, one bit of advice is to apply the product to your neck too as it will be a noticeable colour different and that ain't cute. Here is a link to a review I did of it over a year ago



Catastrophe Cosmetic Face Mask
Another Lush product I know but it is AMAZINGGGGG!!! It's Lush Cosmetics fresh face mask for troublesome, sore and blemished skin. This is my ultimate favourite! Without this my skin would be nothing. Lush's face masks are 100% preservative free meaning no chemicals. This means they have to be kept in the fridge. Catastrophe Cosmetic is full of antioxidant blueberries rich in vitamin A and C which promotes skin growth getting rid of those nasty blemishes. It also contains calamine power to help soothe redness and sore skin. Can we just talk about the smell of it for 2 secs... It is amazing!!
It's a fresh mix of blueberries and floral notes that lasts on the skin after using it! To use, apply to a dry cleansed face for 5 to 10 minutes and remove with a hot damp face cloth. Trust me if you buy this, you'll never look back.

So these are my skin care saviours, what are yours? Any questions on any of the products mentioned just ask, you know the drill and keep your eyes peels for next weeks blog challenge it will
 be hair..I mean here next Thursday!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

6 comments:

  1. I need that lush face mask in my life! I can almost smell it from here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is AMAZING! it works a treat! and that smell... i washed it off hours ago and i can still smell it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these Lush products look great Paul! I find the Good Things range good too, their Purifying Cleanser is one of my skincare saviours :-) my post is over on www.bthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com if you'd like to read my post. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thank you :) the good things range is a new fav of mine!! oh cool Ill pop on over to yours so :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome :-) it'a great affordable range, I read a review about some of their products on Nina's Bargain Beauty blog a few months ago, and thought I'd try out the cleanser. Thanks, I appreciate that. :-) X

    ReplyDelete
  6. so good to see a male's perspective on the topic, given me some inspiration for my brothers. definitely getting them the lush face mask

    ReplyDelete