Monday 10 September 2018

New York Skincare Essentials.


Narrowing down what beauty bits to bring on your holidays is the hardest thing I’m the world! (First world probs I know..) It like going on holidays and only choosing your favourite child to come with you.. (no? just me?). I am going to New York City for a week and I have picked a few of my essentials skincare bits to come along with me. Yes I will be bringing other toiletries with me I am not smelly I swear but ye are all here for skincare, not for what deodorant I’m currently using! So here are some travel friendly things I’m bringing.


I am bringing 2 cleansers with me on my trip. I am going to double cleanse with these everyday. My first cleanse will be the Dermalogica ultracalming Cleanser. If you have seen my instagram lately you’ll know that I’m having the biggest face meltdown of my life. I’m literally a pizza face.. My skin has had a big flare up and I am sensitive AF. This Cleanser is so soft and calms down any redness on my face. I’m so tempted to splurge on the big bottle.


For my second Cleanser I’m using the Omorovicza foaming Cleanser. This is a gentle foaming Cleanser perfect for my oily skin. I feel so boujie using this as it’s so expensive for a big bottle. But if you know me I’m the furthest from boujie that’s why I’ll admit I didn’t buy this, a friend gave it to me. I’m a champagne lifestyle on a bulmers budget! Both of these cleansers are safe to travel with as they’re not liquids and under 50mls.


A serum I’m bringing is the Essano clear probiotic serum. I recently started using this to help clear up my face. The scent isn’t the best and the colour is a brown shade but I think it’s doing something. I am not selling this well. You’ll have to come back to me on this one. So what I’m really saying is I had no other serum left to bring and I had to bring a serum! 

                                             

For a mask I’m bringing the rituals cosmetics intensive moisture mask. This is amazing for a post flight pamper. It has hyaluronic acid and helps your skin after all that recycled air. 7 hours of sharing air with strangers is what I’m most scared of, not the flying!


For moisturizers I will bring a day time and a night time. For day I’m going to use the Neutrogena hydro boost city shield with spf 25. This will protect me from the sun, all the city pollutants and keep me hydrated. This stuff is great as you don’t get the Casper the ghost effect from this.



My night time moisturizer is the simple skin quench sleeping cream. This is like a glass of water for your face. It’s so light but you wake up with softest of skin! Simple really upped their game with that one.

I’m also bringing a spot treatment from boots own brand. This is to banish my pizza face. In all honesty I’m so embarrassed of my face at the moment and I know we will take a lot of pics there so I’m hoping over the few days this treatment will bring it down. I don’t want to look back and see my join the dots face.. the product itself has salicylic acid which is great for blemishes, my skin loves a bit of sally!

That’s my few bits for my face that I am bringing. I kept away from liquids as I would end up like Ross from friends when the toiletries exploded in his bag! So no toners or oils. I hope ye enjoyed that some bit. I am enjoying writing again, so as long as I am enjoying it I will continue to post on here.

Byeeeeeeee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment