Sunday 26 January 2014

Oh hair there ;)

Hiiiiiiiii remember me???

I know, I know, I said i'd never leave and I did *hangs head in shame*. I am in fact back for the foreseeable future. All grovelling aside lets get on with le blog post :)

So over the last year or so i have been pretty mean to my poor locks. I have been nearly every hair colour known to man. (self discovery.. don't ask). As a result, my hair started to resemble hay. Dry, brittle, course, hay! I'm happy to say I am on the road to hair recovery! In this post I will show you my tips on how to fight the frizz and defeat that damage. I may sound like a sassy hair advert, but it works. *Disclaimer* this photograph is actually not me...surprisingly


Shampoo/Conditioner.


When getting shampoos and conditioners I look for ones with added Keratin in them. Keratin is a protein that helps strengthen the hair which one needs when one dyes ones hair to an inch of its life. As I am a student and poor with spending my money on books (alcohol) I always look for a bargain. I found that Dove did a range of  intensive repair shampoos with added keratin. I mean, it's Dove, it has to be moisturising! When looking at the price i picked it up without hesitation.
The shampoo was very clarifying, which is good as i use a good bit of product in my hair. Usually with shampoos i find they leave my hair immensely dry until i put a conditioner in. Doves intensive repair shampoo did not do this. It left it quiet soft that i could even run my fingers through it.
As I have short hair i only used a tiny amount of the conditioner, and really that is all i needed. It has a nice silky milk-like texture that left my hair feeling fab! These are a must for those damaged tresses on a budget.

Shampoo 250 - €1.90
Conditioner 250g - €1.90

Hair Treatments.


Hair treatments for the average person are a treat, something to have once in a while. For those who have hair like a Sahara tumbleweed like myself, hair treatments are a MUST!!
I switch between a pre-treatment and in shower treatment.
My pre-treatment is one by the all-natural company, Lush Cosmetics. Named H'Suan Wen Hua after the chinese god for hair, this treatment is literally a god send! With fresh organic bananas, free range eggs, bay leaf, organic avocado and olive oil to name a few ingredients, it is actually food for your hair. As it's a pre-treatment you put it into dry hair for 20mins before shampoo and conditioning it out. After just one use my hair felt like i never even dyed or damaged it EVER!

When i don't have time for a pre-treatment, i use a normal hair mask. The one i use is the L'Oreal Sulfate Free Everstrong deep replenishing hair masque. I chose the sulfate free kind because if we want our hair to improve its condition, we don't need those damaging sulfates. Once a week is a perfect amount to use this product. In special circumstances such as your hair is  a frazzled mess, a tip would be to use a deep conditioning mask instead of your regular hair conditioner.


H'Suan Wen hua - €11.50
L'Oreal Everstrong - €7.00

Heat Protecting.


I recently only got into using heat protecting sprays (im a lazy sod) as i thought what use would they do. I was surprisingly surprised. I use the TRESemme keratin smooth heat protecting spray. Yes, keratin again! Keratin is key. I spray it into damp hair just before blow drying and again just before straightening. It leaves my hair softer and healthy looking even after a vast amount of heat. I honestly cannot remember the price but it is probably around the five euro mark.


So that's my hair care routine for damaged hair and i can honestly say it works! After continuously bleaching and submitting my hair to heat for months my hair was snapping off but with this routine, after 3/4 weeks i saw a vast improvement! Just put time and effort into your hair and you'll see the results!

Any questions just ask :)

byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment